Re: [ferrethealth] Re: need advice on adrenal desease
- View SourcePlease do NOT call the Humane Society for your pet.� Call ANOTHER shelter.� You can find ferret shelters on the internet.� Where do you live and which shelter told you to call the HS?� Is this a FERRET shelter you called?� And please do not just give up and have her put to sleep.� She needs to be assessed by a ferret vet.�
Are you sure it is her lymph nodes that are swollen?� Sometimes it is hard to tell if it is fat or the lymph nodes.� A vet needs to determine this.� It may just be an infection and not Lymphoma Either way.... she needs to be seen.�
If you can not find a�shelter or do not want to bother with�looking for a shelter, let us know where you live so maybe someone can point you in the right direction to get her to a shelter.� Sometimes shelters can�help with transportation or network to get help getting her. �I will say it again.... do�not give up on her and try to locate another shelter nearby....
From: seswillis <seswillis@...>
The local shelter said there's nothing they can do and told me to get in touch with the humane society.
- View SourceMy last rescue Ferguson was adopted by me from a VET if you can believe it and he had already spent 4 months in a metal cage.....I pushed the issue as I had been told on the sly that this little guy was going down hill very quickly. After two weeks of pestering the clinic decided to let me have him. The adoption was over $100 and he had not been given any shots, medical check, ADV test, zip......I was able to see Ferguson once and he was wrapped in a blanket and hence I did not see the fur loss on his tail. He was approximately 2 years old. Six weeks after I had him home, his tail fur grew back in and he became quite a handsome little guy. Then the fur started to fall out again. I had lost my regular vet and had quite a time convincing the clinic that Ferguson had all of the signs of adrenal and he should have the surgery. Call it lack of communication, whatever you want, the clinic did an exploratory and did not remove the left adrenal......I wanted to
bypass the blood work as I knew what it would show. I again pushed the issue and the blood work was done and it came back 3 out of 5 panels tested positive for adrenal. Now Ferguson had to undergo a second surgery not even three months later. It has been two years since the adrenal surgery and he is starting to lose the fur on his tail again, this time I opted for melatonin implants as my vet will not do the removal of the right adrenal as he does not feel comfortable doing it. Now I am on the hunt for another vet. I have rescued and adopted ferrets for quite some time and Adrenal is horrible. Ferguson has a full tail, he is starting to play a little more with Spencer but it is a bandaid solution. I have to find a vet that is very ferret friendly to help me out with this one. I am not sure where you are located but if there is anything I can do to help, please contact me. Lynda from London, Ont.
--- On Wed, 11/30/11, J Clark <weasleluv@...> wrote:
Please release her to a shelter who can give her the help she needs.