beginner-level rides, Orange County

  • luvs_n8ure
    Message 1 of 59 , Aug 20, 2001
      Hello, everyone! As a newbie, I need plenty of
      practice to build up strength, endurance, and confidence.
      During the week, in the early evenings after work, I'd
      like to go riding for about 90 minutes. I work in the
      city of Orange, in Orange County, and there are
      several places to ride in the area. On Tuesday & Thursday
      evening at 6 pm, there are group rides organized by
      Switchback Cyclery, at the corner of Chapman & Jamboree in
      Orange. There are usually 2 groups: beginners &
      intermediate riders. They ride in nearby Irvine Regional Park,
      Santiago Oaks Park, or Peter's Canyon Park.<br><br>In
      addition, I'd like to ride on Wednesdays at 6 pm. I like
      riding in Irvine Park or Santiago Oaks, but occasionally
      I'm willing to do the 11-mile Fullerton
      Loop.<br><br>Anyone else wanna join me in these fairly easy rides?
      Perhaps we could form 2 groups: the slower paced
      beginners, and the faster, more experienced
    • jchhsu
      Message 59 of 59 , Oct 10, 2001
        If you live in LA area check out this mountain biking club, <a href=http://www.usinter.net/SBMBC/ target=new>http://www.usinter.net/SBMBC/</a>