another off topic re accessory for computer and you and your kitty cat

  • Natalie Lima
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
      As an IT professional I can see benefit (hair doesn't get into the
      monitor) and harm (1) monitor radiation (2) monitor's heat vents are
      blocked, overheating monitor and shortening life.

      I have an LCD monitor, so this isn't an option for me, anyway! LOL

      Just my 2 cents.

      - Natalie

      ---
      Message: 6
      Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:15:01 -0000
      From: "mymorgy <mymorgy@...>" <mymorgy@...>
      Subject: another off topic re accessory for computer and you and your

      kitty cat
      http://www.furballtech.com/aboutfurball.html
      bobby
    • Anne
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
        I took a different approach. I built a wooden enclosure for my computer
        monitor and keyboard. It is shaped like this:

        cat bed
        -------------
        | |
        | |
        | |
        | monitor |
        | |
        | |
        |-------------|
        | keyboard |

        I made it out of cheap pine and it is open at the bottom. There is
        enough room for me to slide my keyboard underneath and out of the way so
        it doesn't get walked on when I'm away from the computer. My monitor
        sits inside where the cats can't get on top of it - I was worried about
        the radiation issue and they were fighting over who got to sleep on it
        so much it was tipping over backwards a lot.

        I bought them a bed sized for a small dog. I have three cats who like
        to sleep together and this gives them enough room to all pile in at
        once. It has turned out to be one of their favorite sleeping places.

        I also wound up with lots of extra spots to put stuff around the monitor
        inside the enclosure that come in handy.

        Anne

      • mymorgy <mymorgy@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
          that is a very clever idea...I bet you could market it..
          Bobby
          I don't dare tell Yuki and Snowy...