new to list

  • kayekaye1950
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
      My 12 year old Cornish Rex may be having her second bout with herpes.
      Last August we had her tested to the nth not knowing why she would
      sniff but not eat-after much expense we had to have a feeding tube put
      in to nourish her. She had been fine after 3 weeks or so of this until
      now when she had teary eyes and is not eating well. Her antibiotic was
      just switched from clavimox hoping that new antibiotic will not
      irritate her stomach. Has anyone had experience with lack of
      eating-the most common sympton seems to be runny nose which Blueberry
      does not have. Has anyone tried l-lysine. Thanks.
    • mymorgy
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2002
        A lot of people on this list have had great success with l-lysine..
        hopefully some will give their first hand experience..you can find a
        lot of it by looking through the archives...
        Did anything you know of trigger the flareup? It sounds as if it was
        really severe...Was she stressed by the heat or something?
        Something that simple...Heat triggered a three month flareup with
        Snowy once..ugh
        Hope she is feeling better..do you know about nutri cal or felovite as
        extra supplements and there are others which cats usually go for when
        they won't eat anything else..I once had to force feed Snow for a
        month..
        Bobby