azith and zyrtec

  • E Hanneman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26 11:33 PM
      Diane - thank you for this information --just caught it--very helpful. It helps me to understand how you decide when to treat. My boy's nose sounds a bit rustle-y and he only sneezes about three to six times per day. The mucus is beige but with a good amount of more clearish stuff.... (Previously, I saw consistent rather dense beige, but it's markedly thinned now.) What kind of cat do you have? He does sound like a big boy! :)

      I'm really going to get some rest now. THANKS!

      Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:08 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Diane Brookins" brookins.diane

      Hi There! My cat weighs 20 pounds (I know, big). His symptoms were sneezing, stuffiness and lots of snot buggers all over the place--on the walls, windows, on the floors, on chairs, etc. the buggers were very thick and not clear. He gets extremely agitated and grumpy as well. Just not feeling good. He has definitely had relapses, but the daily Zyrtec helps tremendously! If he gets a sinus infection (when buggers are thick and non-transluscent) , that's when he has to go on Azithromicyn and Famiclivor. He also takes Lysine- I bought both the power form that can go into his food, and the treats. I found that some of the treats contain corn though - and corn is a major allergy trigger for them. I also periodically give him probiotics in his food. (I just open a capsule and sprinkle some in, just a bit). That's what I do. But I'm always looking for advice. Hope that helps!