Re: [felineherpes]feline herpes What lysine does your cat like

  • susan_mikey
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 25, 2013
      And now my old dog Cooper the border collie black lab mix is getting really
      bad about eating treats with his pills in them. He gets Carprofen
      (generic Rimadyl), a tiny round white Ultram and only a few more days of
      antibiotics for a skin infection and he refuses to eat them in anything now. When I
      open his mouth to pill him, he clamps it shut so hard, I'm afraid I'm
      going to break his jaw by pilling him. I'm going to take a video of him, my
      best friend told me yesterday to get hot dogs and give it to him in those. I
      thought, that's a great idea, he loves them and won't have a clue for at
      least a week, then I'll find the next pill pocket. So I find hotdogs at the
      store (had to ask what section they are in b/c I've been vegetarian and
      then vegan for almost 40 years) and they are on sale, $1.50 each! What a
      great deal for treat pockets, so I buy three pkgs. And I put Cooper's pill one
      by one hidden really deep in pieces and he put it on the ground and sits
      there, eating it like its a piece of corn, biting of tiny pieces all around
      the pill. I hate to tape it, its too funny. Now I have 2.75 pkgs of hot
      dogs to give away.

      SUSAN/Mikey/Kobe/Toney
      Riverside, CA

      In a message dated 7/25/2013 7:23:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      anyes@... writes:

      have you tried the antihistamine in babyfood, tuna, or a piece of
      cheese? I totally relate as my Jasmine who was orphaned at 3 days old,
      and had meds shoved down her throat for months is a devil to pill.
      J.R. is blessed to have found you. It's so sad what some people do to
      animals out there. Thank God for compassionate people like you to speak
      up for them
      Anyes and the snotty girls

      On 7/25/2013 9:41 PM, _barngirrl@..._ (mailto:barngirrl@...) wrote:
      > R.J. is only 3 years old and is stunted from his bout as a kitten with
      FHV,