Re: [felineherpes]feline herpes Scabs on cat fromflea bites

  • susan_mikey
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2013
      AWSOME, I do the same thing here and its always wonderful to see someone
      else out there doing it. I get criticized so much by some local rescues as
      to why I don't help tame cats in shelters more and I always say "Because
      there are less people out there helping the ferals." I TNR cats like this all
      the time and the Revolution helps a lot. Obviously there is a flea
      problem inside the colony and if you have areas where you know they sleep, you
      can sprinkle FEED-QUALITY ONLY (pool-grade kills) Diatomaceous Earth into the
      ground, grass and bedding areas to kill flea larvae, it helps a lot. You
      can also feed it to the cats to cut down on worms. We get ours from the
      local horse feed store.

      Susan/Mikey/R.J./Kobe
      Riverside, CA

      In a message dated 4/28/2013 8:08:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      ccliberty@... writes:

      I trap and release feral cats after getting them fixed. I trapped one five
      days ago and got him fixed but haven't released him yet. About four weeks
      prior to trapping him I gave him some Comfortis in his food because he was
      itching so bad from fleas that he was bleeding around his neck and head. I
      had animal services put Revolution on him while he was asleep and he's flea
      free for now. He has become very trusting of me the last four months or so
      that he turned up where we feed our other ferals, not to let me touch him
      but he wouldn't run away either. I have him in a kennel now with litter pan
      and food. He had some sores on him which I cleaned with peroxide and put
      neosporin on them which I did reaching through the kennel with a long stick
      and cotton balls. I think he knew I was helping him because he never growled
      or hissed at me. I can now reach in and pet him. The sores are healed
      pretty good but he has lots of scabs and dry skin around his neck and hea d. I
      have been putting coconut oil on him, it helps heal and good for
      moisturizer. Any other good ideas to help heal him? I need to put him back out but
      want him to be healed and well first. By the way we feed these cats seven
      days a week.TNR (trap and release) is a great program to cut down the
      population of feral cats.Animal Services here in Ft. Myers,FL. does in for free and
      gives them a rabie shot also. Wish they had this program every where.