Re: Bella Rebounds again

  • Bob - AF6D
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2013
      Yes, sleeping is a blessing. I have 4 cats but only three sleep with me. They each have a foam ring that they curl up in and each has chosen which belongs to THEM!

      The 4th cat we took in off the street just before first snow. I had him neutered; caged him for a while. He gets along with the three younger kitties but he and the older alpha male are just passing in the halls.

      Tony is strange. He seldom eats wet food but will eat dry food. Strangest of all is his obsession for water! If he hears water running anywhere in the house he races to it and jumps up to drink from it. I am assuming that as a stray water may have been his only constant that filled his belly.

      Bob &

      Buzz -15
      Bella - 2.5 years (with loving help and support from this group.)
      Buddy - 2.5 yeas (quoted as being Bella's brother by kennel staff.)
      Tony - 1 year (A beautiful white tiger with crossed eyes.)

      Tony: http://tinyurl.com/d8d84lk

      --- In felineherpes@yahoogroups.com, "Bob - AF6D" <bricci101@...> wrote:

      > After a week of easily giving Bella 1/5th of a tablet by mouth each day she has rebounded. She still has an infection though. Don't gag but I can usually get her to blow snot all over the bathroom mirror just by injecting her nose with 5ml's of purified water. She expels everything and sleeps all night without snoring.
      >
      > http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/2008556/sn/1937863108/name/DSC02770.jpg

    • Darlene Yahoo
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 2, 2013
        Bob, I am so happy to hear Bella is getting better on the AB!!! She is
        beautiful and lucky to have you as her caretaker! Xo darlene

      • Kathy Dawson
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 2, 2013
          Bella is a beautiful girl... I'm so happy she's starting to feel better.

          Kathy & Halle Peno

          Kathy L Dawson
          Iron and Metals, Inc.
          Accounting/IT Manager
          5555 Franklin St
          Denver, CO 80216
          303-292-5555

          After a week of easily giving Bella 1/5th of a tablet by mouth each day she has rebounded. She still has an infection though. Don't gag but I can usually get her to blow snot all over the bathroom mirror just by injecting her nose with 5ml's of purified water. She expels everything and sleeps all night without snoring.

          http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/2008556/sn/1937863108/name/DSC02770.jpg

        • Candal35
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 2, 2013
            So happy about Bella's progress.  She is so beautiful.  Tony's coloring is amazing... he's gorgeous.

            Candy

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 2, 2013
              Tony's colorings ARE amazing! His head is more brownish but his body is white Tiger-like. And he's a lover. Just touch his chin and it's "Don't stop! I know where you love!"

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 2, 2013
                Thank you to all. I guess I wrote my initial message during a moment of weakness. I'm sure many of you have felt similar. It gets to be over-whelming. It is frustrating when they kick and bite and scratch and one asks himself if it is worth it. But then after clearing her nose out she kneads bread on the pillow next to you nd drools and won't shut up... like right now. LOL.

                --- In felineherpes@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Dawson <kdawson@...> wrote:

                > Bella is a beautiful girl... I'm so happy she's starting to feel better.
                >
                > Kathy & Halle Peno
                >
                > Kathy L Dawson
                > Iron and Metals, Inc.
                > Accounting/IT Manager
                > 5555 Franklin St
                > Denver, CO 80216
                > 303-292-5555

              • caraleekanab
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 2, 2013
                  I would consider giving her more, for another 4-8 days since this was a
                  really deep-seated infection for a long time, and so giving it to her for
                  awhile past when it appears she's better would be good practice. Can you do
                  that? Do you have another pill or two you could use? I would hate to stop
                  too soon, thereby breeding a super-bug that is hard to kill with Zithro.

                  Caralee

                  Azithromycin is what the doctor gave me. Each tablet is 250mg so she got
                  1/5th each day for 10 days.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 2, 2013
                    And/or someone was putting out dry food for ferals and he ate from those
                    bowls, so he has an affinity for dry food.
                    Caralee

                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 2, 2013
                      We've all been there, Bob. I remember friends who, getting through the
                      "puppy" stage with their dogs caused them to think about giving the dog up.
                      Years later, after their beloved dog has lived his lifetime and given years
                      of wonderful companionship, they can't imagine having given the dog up in
                      the early days. It's all the same, we just have to get through the tough
                      stuff if we can. Cheers for zithromax!
                      Caralee

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 3, 2013
                        Bella still does the cutest thing. Whenever she sleeps with the others she makes sure to reach across to the next bed and maintain touching the next cat. It really is sweet. It's like "We are Family! All my brothers and me!"

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 3, 2013
                          Very cute... My little girl only wants to touch me; the other cats are considered heathens. Although she will allow our hurricane Katrina cat "Max" the pleasure of grooming her. She is our little Burmese Princess.

                          Kathy & Halle

                          Kathy L Dawson
                          Iron and Metals, Inc.
                          Accounting/IT Manager
                          5555 Franklin St
                          Denver, CO 80216
                          303-292-5555

                          --- In felineherpes@yahoogroups.com<mailto:felineherpes%40yahoogroups.com>, "Bob - AF6D" <bricci101@...> wrote:

                          > Thank you to all. I guess I wrote my initial message during a moment of weakness. I'm sure many of you have felt similar. It gets to be over-whelming. It is frustrating when they kick and bite and scratch and one asks himself if it is worth it. But then after clearing her nose out she kneads bread on the pillow next to you nd drools and won't shut up... like right now. LOL.
                          >
                          > --- In felineherpes@yahoogroups.com<mailto:felineherpes%40yahoogroups.com>, Kathy Dawson <kdawson@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Bella is a beautiful girl... I'm so happy she's starting to feel better.
                          > >
                          > > Kathy & Halle Peno
                          > >
                          > > Kathy L Dawson
                          > > Iron and Metals, Inc.
                          > > Accounting/IT Manager
                          > > 5555 Franklin St
                          > > Denver, CO 80216
                          > > 303-292-5555

                        • honeyboy_leo
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 4, 2013
                            Hey... whatever it takes, right? Better to control the sneezing in one place where it is easily cleaned up, then ... otherwise.

                            Bella is gorgeous!

                            ~Pam