Re: Cerenia???

  • stephanief101400
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
      I had a chronic renal failure kitty and the vet gave her cerenia at the end when her nausea and acid was so bad.

      Stephanie

      --- In felineherpes@yahoogroups.com, "tonkmama" <tonkmama@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone heard of using a drug called Cerenia to reduce nasal secretions? My vet suggested this; apparently, the drug is approved for dogs, but used also for cats off label, for nausea, but one of the side effects is a reduction in nasal secretions. She said to give 1/4 tablet (24 mg) twice a week.
      >
      > She also gave me a prescription for Famciclovir to try, 125 mg. twice a day for 30 days. Cody is improving slowly, but still has an awful lot of mucous, and his eye has improved somewhat with the erithromycin ointment, but still looks pretty bad. I hate giving him more & more meds, particularly all at once, but want to get him some relief....

    • Anyes
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
        It's all good news. Cody will take a little time to recover since he
        still has steroids in his body. They can take a couple of months to
        clear up. The fact that he is improving is a great indication that he
        will get better. The Famciclovir is really the antidote to steroids;
        one suppresses the immune system, the other stimulates it. I am not
        sure how effective it will be till the steroid is out. They almost
        cancel each other out. I am not sure what to expect from that mix...

        Anyes and the snotty girls