Finicky eater

  • tearsofheaven2005
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
      My little guy is being extremely finicky on what he will and won't eat. One day he likes one thing then next day he doesn't. For a while he would eat cooked chicken, now all he will eat is chicken baby food. Any suggestions to get him to eat more?
    • Anyes
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
        You could try bonita flackes (dry fish) available in the grocery store
        with the Japanese/Chinese foods. It is used in miso soup and really
        stinks. A few sprinkles on top of cat food can entice some cats to
        eat. Also, tuna juice, clam juice, and other smelly foods can entice
        cats. Do you know if your cat is congested? That might make him more
        finicky if he cannot smell his food.

        Anyes and the snotty girls

        On 3/1/2013 2:52 PM, tearsofheaven2005 wrote:
        > My little guy is being extremely finicky on what he will and won't eat. One day he likes one thing then next day he doesn't. For a while he would eat cooked chicken, now all he will eat is chicken baby food. Any suggestions to get him to eat more?

      • lovesgabby
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
          How old? Fatty liver disease can develop quickly so you may want to get appetite stimulant from vet before weekend
          --- In felineherpes@yahoogroups.com, "tearsofheaven2005" <queentink975@...> wrote:

          > My little guy is being extremely finicky on what he will and won't eat. One day he likes one thing then next day he doesn't. For a while he would eat cooked chicken, now all he will eat is chicken baby food. Any suggestions to get him to eat more?

        • Kim Gerred
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
            Great tip - Anyes! That and any fishy-smelling wet food works great for my FHV boy, Orlando. Especially Weurva Chick Magnet (chicken and mackeral) - talk about "stinky"! But, he loves it, especially when his nose is plugged up. I also find that freeze-dried meat by Bravo or Purebites also entices him to eat.
            Kim and Orlando To: felineherpes@yahoogroups.com
            From: anyes@...
            Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 15:43:18 -0500
            Subject: Re: [felineherpes]feline herpes Finicky eater