ingredients in animal and human food in general

  • Bj Matson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2012
      Yes, there are thousands of ingredients that have the blessing of
      the food industry which are known carcinogens, endocrine disruptors or
      have some other well researched effects and yet they are still
      perfectly legal. I got my degree in wellness because I questioned
      these things even back into the seventies. Things have not changed all
      that much.
      If an ingredient helps the product have a lower cost to produce
      or helps it to last longer, that is what mega food companies use.
      Please stop believing what commercials on tv tell you about Bacon
      flavored chemical goop that is actually very carcinogenic to your dog
      or the meow meow meow meow song that cats supposedly really sing in
      praise of artificially flavored, artificially colored, artifically
      preserved and mostly corn, which by the way cats cannot even digest!
      I have spent almost forty years of my life studying the truth
      about ingredients and that simple statement "You are what you eat".
      Not much has changed, except for the worse. Please start reading
      alternative sources of information about animal food and more
      importantly, human food. 95% of all processed food has high fructose
      corn syrup in it. This was put in before it was researched. Now they
      are finding that it is causing the incredible obesity rates in this
      country. Now one in three adults is obese, not just fat. Now one in
      four teens are. Now one in four teens is diabetic or pre-diabetic.
      Google any of this. Please tell me that what I have been studying is
      wrong. I would love to know that I just woke up from a nightmare and
      we should all just sit back and eat our hot dogs and potato chips and
      sodas and never question anything!
      If you are interested in where I get my info, add me on FB and
      follow along but please be ready to also see lots of posts on animal
      rescue too, k? My name on there is Beej Matson from North Liberty,
      Iowa.
      I almost wish I had never opened this Pandora's Box! Thanks, Beej
      and pack in Iowa

      --
      "Be the change you want to see in the world"
    • Sue Marchant
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2012
        Beej....I enjoyed reading your post. In January I changed my eating
        habits drastically. I have been following Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Eat to Live
        nutritarian eating style and will continue this for the rest of my life.
        He gives the science behind his nutrient dense diet and says much the
        same thing as you did about the SAD (standard american diet) and
        obesity, cancer, etc, etc. I have lost 27 lbs and cut my cholesterol
        meds in half plus bp has dropped to a normal level without meds. I keep
        thinking that I so wish he would write a book on animal nutrition but of
        course I am sure that isn't in the works! lol I have two overweight
        cats that the vet prescribed RC CC high protein kibble. That has not
        worked and they are very addicted to it. I have started buying grain
        free kibble and mixing in and would like to get them off of dry food
        completely if I can. They also get canned food everyday but I cannot get
        them to eat any of the grain free canned foods. I have made raw food for
        them and two of my 3 cats will eat a little of it. I just want to make
        their food myself so I know what they are getting and not getting. I am
        looking for your FB page and see Beej Matson, University of Iowa so am
        assuming that is you. I will send a friend request.

        Sue M