RE: [felineherpes]feline herpes Needs prednison night have had herpes 12 yrs ago

  • Natalia Pochibielko
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011
      i found some things on google:

      here they write about what it is and what the cause can be: http://www.holisticpetinfo.com/conditions/digestive_ibd.htm

      and on another site:
      The most urgent treatment step is to halt the inflammation and prevent further gut irritation, and they list some things that I think might be poisonous to cats, but fish oil and slippery elm are ok, and slippery elm is very good for things like that.
      Diet is crucial. A preferably home prepared food consisting of single protein and carbohydrate sources can include duck, turkey, venison, rabbit, millet, quinoa, amaranth, peas, green beans and sweet potato. Added fiber in the form of pumpkin, guar gum or pectin may slow down the bowel, while �hydrolyzed� or predigested proteins which are too small to stimulate the immune system may be helpful (e.g. Seacure). The amino acid glutamine also plays an important role in treatment as it helps regenerate the intestinal lining.
      Infectious and parasitic factors can be addressed with prebiotics, probiotics, soil-based organisms such as SBX or Primal Defense, grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, garlic, oil of oregano and goldenseal. The immune system can be supported with ModuVet or other immune regulators. garlic is poisonous for cats. http://www.holistic-vet.ca/articles/IBD.htm

      and another on�:
      Immunosuppressant medications such as prednisone or azathioprine are used to reduce the number of inflammatory cells moving into the gastrointestinal tract, thereby reducing inflammation and scarring.

      there is much much more on google, i googled: natural (or home) remedy ibd cat.
      i know also that eveing primrose oil is good for infections and healthy, linseed oil is an alternative for fish oil and olive oil is said to kill parasites, it did kill some round worms in kiki (my new homeless kitty) as far as I could see, but this you would have to repeat over a period of time, just a few drops, it also depends on the kitty how much she will have of it, i gave kiki (she was 2 kg, or around 4 pounds) i gave her a teaspoon.

    • nancycatania@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011
        Thanks for this post, Natalia, some really good info here.
        Nancy

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011
          you're welcome

          To: felineherpes@yahoogroups.com