Entropion $ Micropthalmia

  • QualityHealthCare
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2010
      Hi everyone this is Debbie. I took my little 18mo. old to the opthalmologist today. KiKi was born with a nonfuctioning eye that is 5 times smaller than a normal eye. She has no working reflexes of this eye. She has secondary entropion due to this condition. The treatment is a surgery called "Hotz Correction" and that is where the lower eyelid is shortened to stop the irritation to the eye. The cost is approximately $500-$550 We are going to have the surgery done the first week of January and in the meantime we are told to put a lubricant on the eye as needed. I honestly thought she was going to have to have the eye removed. I have seen the diagnosis "Entropion" mentioned on the posts. The doctor told me that I could spend a lot of money doing tests to confirm the diagnosis but, since I do so much rescue the money could be used on another cat. Amen to that!