to Cathy C. and Patti-about the feral cat

  • indoghouse@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2010
      Cathy and Patti, Thanks for your in-put on my request for help. Riddy did roll from the igloo to a large cat carrier this morning, without much fight.

      He has been out and about, but not the old Riddy, and not eating much all week. Last night and this AM was in back of igloo, not looking good.

      As it was a holiday and all vet clinics were closed, we went to the Pet ER.

      The vet was not as concerned with Riddy's chewed off ear as that Riddy had almost no muscle mass left. That did not just happen this past week.

      Said he was an older cat and was having trouble breathing both in and out. He did give me options which may have, or not, helped. I chose the option that I never want to, euthanasia.

      I brought Riddy back here and buried him beside his good buddy, Rocky (cancer). I am glad that those two had a home, food and warmth for the last year and a half. I will miss giving them some TLC.

      Thanks for your thoughts.

      IF I would have thought to exchange the large cat carrier for the igloo during the week when Riddy ran out, replacing the heat lamp, I might have been able to contain him sooner. The outcome would likely have been the same though.

      Bonnie