urine problem,ring worm maybe this little cat needs help

  • morgaine lefay
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2010
      everone my little slim has bee backinf up in the liteer box for 6 months. i have been giving her ACV and that helped she was having the wee wee problem once a week. was told to put her on tinkle tonic this week and still give her the ACV. she had backed up 3 times so i stopped giving tinkle to her.  i called company and a nice man said sometimes the ingredients don't do well with the kittys.
      so i am back to
      the following
      llysine acv 3x a day primrose immune tablests from standard process.  so far she is not backing up .

      i noteced today her left back leg showed a small balled spot i freaked first thing was ring worm i remeber one of the member went thru a horrible ordel.

      i put apple cider vinegar on her spot wwaring rubber gloves i want to put clortimaole on the spot will it make her sick it says for eternal use. i also read that clear nail polish would keep the spot dry.

      please let me know if any body has tried it and can i use the ointment.

      thank you for alwaysa being there for us.

      morgaine

    • Patti
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2010
        Hi-
        I wouldn't put nail polish on a cat!!! Try athletes foot cream. It
        kills ringworm if that's really what your cat. The vets can test for
        ringworm . The fur maybe just be rubbed off from her sitting on a hard
        surface or a window sill or something. I'd have the vet check her out.

        Patti
        Buffalo NY
        www.sphynxcat.org

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2010
          thanks for your reply morgaine

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2010
            Morgaine,

            I have used the antifungal creams for athletes foot with success and no harm to the cat. The last cat I brought home from humane society broke out with a spot on face about a week later. Treated with antifungal cream for about 2 weeks and did not isolate. I just brought two ringworm cats home from the humane society to foster in a small apartment I have in the basement as they have been slow to heal at the humane society. I have been treating them with antifungal cream but keeping them isolated from my other 7. The lymedip diluted, as Anyes suggested, is not as "wicked" as full strength and I think would be effective.

            I have never heard of the black walnut for ringworm. Can someone give more detail on that?? Thanks.

            Sandy and Penny