Re: feline herpes Birman kitten .. thanks for the advice.

  • mlhunter1
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
      Sorry it tok so long to respond. My little guy is much improved. On Saturday I took him back to the breeder so that she could get him well. She is teaching me what to do so that I will know how to take care of him if he has a future outbreak. She is wonderful. Her cattery is clean and the kittens are raised underfoot and she has been doing this for 15 years.

      She said the same think many of you did, that the vet may have been wrong about the diagnosis since he didn't run any tests. She put him on a different antibotic and is using different drops in his eyes.

      She offered me my money back or another kitten, but I decided to go with the same little guy. The breeder handles the kittens and cats with such love and confidence, I am amazed.

      Thank you all for the help which was so important to me last week.

      May God bless and keep all you feline friends well!

      ML

      --- In felineherpes@yahoogroups.com, "stephanief101400" <savvyewe@...> wrote:

      > ML, How's your little guy today? Still improving? Are you still steaming him? I went through 6 weeks of running a vaporizer 24/7 when I first got Hannah. She was so sick and so congested! I can give you more ideas if you'd like them. LOL Hope your little one feels better!
      >
      > Stephanie

    • Aurora
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
        Hi, What did she do for him, whch meds and eyed drops? I'm alway interested to see what different people give. She sounds like a good breeder!
        Aurora

      • mlharden@windstream.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
          Hi Nancy, thanks for the link, Just ordered the big bottle, with cold weather coming up there are going to be a lot of sniffles and runny eyes.

        • nancycatania@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2009
            Yes, ML, I am interested to know too.
            Nancy

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 11, 2009
              Aurora,

              I wasn't able to answer your question until now because my computer was down and I had to wait until my son came to visit and fix it!

              The breeder I talked about has taught me so much. Like how to feed a kitten who isn't eating. Things you probably all know who are much more experienced than I am.

              The eye drops she uses are Dexamethasone sodium Phosphate Opthalmic Solution USP. she also uses Terramicyn Ointment for the eyes. she uses Lysine as yoou all recommended.

              She forwarded a link to an article written by one of the world's foremost authorities on cats that deals with antibiotics which i am also sending to you to read. link: http://www.ayshazencats.co.uk/Downloads/zithdosing.pdf

              I hope all this helps!

              ML