Cats and Advantage was: Bees and fleas

  • Dani
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      You've missed the point. Advantage contains the nicotine derivative
      made by Bayer discussed in the article, and that is what is harmful
      to your CAT (for obvious reasons, just as nicotine is poisonous to
      dogs). I didn't post the link to discuss bee issues, but because of
      pesticide products and practices that sift over into other areas
      without our realizing dangers, and that are damaging to other species
      as well.

      Apologies to the list moderators for veering off-topic. I should
      have snipped the portion of the article related to cats. It wasn't
      my intent to discuss bees at length.

      Dani

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      outiculturist I already knew this. It is small price of the puzzle
      > for colony collapse disorder of honey bees. Personally I do not
      think it's
      > use in Advantage affects the bees. It is the plant that take it up
      > systemically and then gets in the pollen and nectar that could
      possibly
      > cause a problem for bees. The thought is it leaves bees
      susceptible to a
      > virus that interferes with their navigation. They still really do
      not know
      > for sure.
      snipped
    • Sally Davis
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
        I did not miss the point. I was just elaborating on the active ingredient
        and other uses. I will still use it on my cats bc of what I feel is like any
        drug, risk verses benefits. That is just my opinion. Sorry for going off
        topic. I worry about bees as well as other things. Like I said I only use
        when fleas are a problem. Because I do not use pesticides in my yard my
        cats do get the occassional flea. I also have a cat that has flea allergies.

        So sorry

        Sally

        --
        Sally, Eric (not a cat),Junior(angel), Tiny(angel) Fluffy(soulmate angel),
        Speedy, Grey and White, Ittle Bitty, Little Black, Lily, Daisy, Pewter,