Re: [felineherpes]feline herpes Cats and Ant Traps

  • run2tou
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi,

      Thanks for your reply - yes it is borac acid. I was just afraid
      that if Leo eats one of the ants that it would be toxic to him.
      Although it doesn't seem like he is too interested in them.

      Jonathan

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
        From: "run2tou" <run2tou@...>
        Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:51:43 -0000

        Thanks for your reply - yes it is borac acid. I was just afraid
        that if Leo eats one of the ants that it would be toxic to him.
        Although it doesn't seem like he is too interested in them.

        Definately use the traps that keep the goo inside, as opposed to squeezing
        it on pieces of paper (where the cats might get it on their fur then lick
        it off). But I wouldn't worry about the ants. Each will have a very tiny
        amount and boric acid isn't poisonous to mammals anyway (breathing the dust
        can hurt your lungs and large amounts can throw off your mineral balance or
        lead to mineral toxicity, but it's not poisonous persay).

        I use Terro Traps myself and I have multiple cats and a 3 year old human.

        Cyndi