Re: feline herpes Bandi - new cat with herpes

  • CA94NHL@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
      HI Craig
      You remarked:

      "Secondly, her ears feel crusty to the touch and seem rather warm and
      on one ear there is no fur. The crusty part looks white-ish and
      there may or may not be sores there too - it's tough to tell because
      her ears are naturally multicolored with black and orange spots.
      Amazingly her ears are not sensitive to my touch, and neither are her
      nose sores for that matter. I think they bother her slightly as I
      sometimes see her shake her head and when she bathes she always
      spends a good amount of time rubbing her ears and the sores around
      her mouth."

      My Scottie is prone to yeast infections in his ears. I had read about herpes
      kitties having maybe a bit more ear wax than other non-herpes kitties, but
      when he had some dental work in April (and ended up in the e-vet for pain &
      fever), he was diagnosed with a yeast infection (with superimposed bacterial
      infection) in his right ear (diagnosis confined by the vet looking under the
      microscope). Initially he got 10 days of MalOtic ointment along with the oral
      antibiotic he was of for post-op tooth extractions, but now he's on Tresaderm ear
      drops a couple of times a week for maintenance, along with his lysine.

      Give Bandi a hug!

      Cathy & Scottie