Life span of affected kitties? Colloidal silver as cure?

  • courtpchrist
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
      Hi all,

      Just joined. About a year ago, I adopted two cats, one adult and one
      kitten, each with a plethora of medical problems. Most of which were
      temporary, but both do (and always will?) have Feline Herpes. The
      adult is hearty, has only had one sneezy outbreak, but the little one
      has intermittent outbreaks constantly, usually shows as one runny
      winky eye, though with no obvious tumorous growth. I give both a
      total of 500 mg L-Lysine daily, outbreak or not. If I'm late, or skip
      a dose, we have sneezing.

      Two questions to some of you who may be more experienced veterans with
      the disease.

      Has anyone tried colloidal silver? Liquid colloidal silver is sold at
      health food stores and has been used for centuries to cure many
      supposedly incurable diseases. I read on a Holistic site for cats
      that colloidal silver could cure a cat of its Feline Herpes. I
      hesitate with any supplement, as determining dosage can be such
      dangerous guessing game. Anyone?

      Also, now that I have two otherwise healthy and happy adult cats, I
      wonder how many years I can expect to have with them. Does anyone
      know if Feline Herpes (for cats showing recurring symptoms) cuts a
      significant number of years off their lives?

      Thanks all.
    • Jamie McNichol
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
        Herpes does not shorten a cat's life. I have only read about it being a risk
        for kittens not strong enough to survive secondary infection commonly
        associated with herpes. Thankfully, herpes will not shorten a cat's
        lifespan!
        As for the herbal question, I do not know if I would believe that it cures
        herpes. I use a homeopathic vet to treat my herpes infected cat. We have
        never used colloidal silver. I do, however, fully support homeopathy to make
        a herpes infected cat strong enough to support normally functioning.
        My cat has suffered with chronic herpes since day one and she is now almost
        6 years of age. She is finally doing WELL with the support of Calc. Carb
        prescribed by a holistic vet. Every cat is different, so different remedies
        for different symptoms are in order. Vet also recommends Transfer Factor
        Advanced (human brand) for healthy immune support in animals with various
        disorders or diseases.
        Jamie

[...]

        http://eattheapple.com/kitty/ our kitty cats
        http://www.thensome.com/pethealth.htm
        http://www.thensome.com/herpes.htm
        http://www.thensome.com/herpes.htm
        http://www.thensome.com/felinehealthlinks.htm
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • pr628@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2007
          Yes, I use colloidal silver and yes it does help a lot. I order my
          mine online from purestcolloids.com. I've not heard that it will cure
          herpes, but it definitely works on infections and symptoms, and the
          need for antibiotics long term. I give anywhere from 1/4 tsp to 1/2
          tsp usually, depending on what's going on, sick flareup, cold etc. I
          also use other immune builders.
          Herpes doesn't cause your cats a shorter life. Probably a bad immune
          system let go could cause something else to occur that could affect
          them. Working on the immune system helps overall.

          Paula

          Two questions to some of you who may be more experienced veterans with
          the disease.

          Has anyone tried colloidal silver? Liquid colloidal silver is sold at
          health food stores and has been used for centuries to cure many
          supposedly incurable diseases. I read on a Holistic site for cats
          that colloidal silver could cure a cat of its Feline Herpes. I
          hesitate with any supplement, as determining dosage can be such
          dangerous guessing game. Anyone?

          Also, now that I have two otherwise healthy and happy adult cats, I
          wonder how many years I can expect to have with them. Does anyone
          know if Feline Herpes (for cats showing recurring symptoms) cuts a
          significant number of years off their lives?

          Thanks all.

          from AOL at AOL.com.