Upper Palette Turning Black

  • Tanya Elder
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi,

      My Paikea went to the vet last weekend, but was a nightmare and the
      vet couldn't take a good look at her. She was sneezing a lot and her
      eyes were runny as usual, so the vet put her on antibiotics (the first
      time she's been on them), and she's much better.

      One of the reasons I took her to the vet was because there is a spot
      on her upper palette in her mouth that is black. It's at the front tip
      of her palette, under her nose.

      Is this was an ulcer looks like? The doc said it might be an ulcer (I
      was able to hold Pailea's mouth open for a second, while the doctor
      looked momentarily). Since Pai wouldn't let the doc near her, how do I
      get this diagnosed? What can happen if it goes untreated?

      Thanks,
      Tanya and Paikea
    • Dorothy
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
        My cat acts the same way at the Vets, very hard to control. The last time we
        were there he was trying to draw a vial of blood and Pretty Boy bolted and
        got loose from the grip of his assistant. They took him to another room,
        where he couldn't see me and with the help of 2 assistants they drew his
        blood. He was probally looking to me for help as long as he could see me
        so it was best he couldn't see me.

        My Paikea went to the vet last weekend, but was a nightmare and the
        vet couldn't take a good look at her. She was sneezing a lot and her
        eyes were runny as usual, so the vet put her on antibiotics (the first
        time she's been on them), and she's much better.

        One of the reasons I took her to the vet was because there is a spot
        on her upper palette in her mouth that is black. It's at the front tip
        of her palette, under her nose.

        Is this was an ulcer looks like? The doc said it might be an ulcer (I
        was able to hold Pailea's mouth open for a second, while the doctor
        looked momentarily). Since Pai wouldn't let the doc near her, how do I
        get this diagnosed? What can happen if it goes untreated?

        Thanks,
        Tanya and Paikea

        http://eattheapple.com/kitty/ our kitty cats
        http://www.thensome.com/pethealth.htm