Re: [felineherpes]feline herpes New file uploaded to felineherpes

  • Cathy Barlow
    Message 1 of 49 , Jan 1, 2006
      Healthy as a "horse!" lol. Never been sick a day in his life. And
      hasn't caught "anything" from Pirate..if there even is anything to
      catch!

      Cathy

      --- In felineherpes@yahoogroups.com, Trottercat@a... wrote:

      > Marvin is cute! he looks healthy.:

      > Lorraine
      > Fulton MD 20759

    • Mary Smith
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 3, 2008
        Hi Nancy,

        Once you click that link, see if you are able to scroll down to the file. It's called: llysine.pdf and you should be able to click on it to open the study. You may be asked to sign back into Yahoo once the page loads.

        Basically, it's a study of shelter cats who were given L-Lysine as a preventative measure to see if it would keep them from contracting the herpes virus. The study found that it did not. A shelter environment differs from our home in many ways though. The stress level for one is much higher. I still don't think it's a bad idea to supplement uninfected cats with L-Lysine when introducing a new, infected cat. :-)

        Mary

        ~~~~~
        www.babysites.com/sites/mnelson