Re: [felineherpes]feline herpes Re: How much Lysine? What to get from vet?

  • rainycat@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1 1:33 PM
      Hi Steven,

      I pretty much do the same as Jean for Ogie minus the Benedryl & vit c. It took a good year to get my Miss Kitty under control (if I can still call it that) her eyes tend to water constantly. When they get inflamed and red, I use terramycin ointment and it works really well. It also is prescribed for eye ulcers. I buy mine without a prescrip from Drs. Foster and Smith on line. I believe the reason for the colostrum/interferon is to keep their immune systems healthy. The virus will flare up on a weakened / stressed immune system just as with people.

      I used zithromax only once when my kitty's got a secondary infection in her nasal cavity. Lots of discolored mucos and blood with sneezing and open mouth breathing.

      Maybe the acne is from a food senstivity....?

      ---
      rainy

    • jecsby@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1 5:09 PM
        Rainly - I've stopped giving Ogie the vit. "C" for now. It doesn't seem
        to make much difference, and he gets other immune boosters. So far, I
        haven't had to use Zithromax. .... Jean

[...]
      • Donnett Dosdall
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2 6:30 AM
          What is the web address for Drs. Foster and Smith?
          I pretty much do the same as Jean for Ogie minus the Benedryl & vit c. It took a good year to get my Miss Kitty under control (if I can still call it that) her eyes tend to water constantly. When they get inflamed and red, I use terramycin ointment and it works really well. It also is prescribed for eye ulcers. I buy mine without a prescrip from Drs. Foster and Smith on line. I believe the reason for the colostrum/interferon is to keep their immune systems healthy. The virus will flare up on a weakened / stressed immune system just as with people.

          I used zithromax only once when my kitty's got a secondary infection in her nasal cavity. Lots of discolored mucos and blood with sneezing and open mouth breathing.

          Maybe the acne is from a food senstivity....?

          ---
          rainy

          > Thanks, Jean! We read through Ogie's page and have much more hope now
          > for Rorschach! (Rorschach was never a showcat, but his buddy Jock,
          > seen with him in my pictures, was a champion.)
          >
          > What's Colostrum and how does it help? I seem to remember that breast
          > milk from neonatal mothers is called something similar, is that it?
          >
          > So perhaps we'll double his L-Lysine since he's in a major flare-up,
          > and ask the vet for interferon, maybe idoxuridine, maybe some Zith,
          > and think about Benadryl...
          >
          > I think the reduced cuddling bothers him more than the symptoms do, so
          > I hope we can comfortably hold and pet him more soon!
          >
          > Steve and Sabina and Darth Sneezer.
          >

          > --- In felineherpes@yahoogroups.com, jecsby@w... wrote:
          > >
          > > Steven- Here's the website I made for Ogie. On the second page there
          > > are links to meds, supplements and info. that might help you.
          > > .
          > > http://community.webtv.net/jecsby/titlenoscriptOgie
          > > ............ Jean
          >

          > http://eattheapple.com/kitty/ our kitty cats