Can't decide if booster shot is needed

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      I have a cat that was first vaccinated for FVRCP when he was one year
      old and got the three week booster. At that time I decided to make him
      an indoor-only cat as he was afraid of being outside. He got
      vaccinated again when he was two and I stopped getting him vaccinated
      after that. He is now seven and I've decided to bring in three
      friendly stray cats with herpes and calicivirus that have had symptoms
      for 8 months now. I just recently got the seven year old's FVRCP
      vaccination but since it's been five years since his last vaccination
      I don't know whether he needs the 3 week booster. The vet said it was
      up to me to decide. I don't want him to catch herpes from these strays
      but I don't want to get him vaccinated if he doesn't need to be. I can
      say that he was exposed to herpes in the past from a stray but he's
      never shown any signs of the illness.

      Any thoughts on what to do?