Re: [felineherpes]feline herpes New in the group

  • Marie Hélène Kerschenmeyer
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
      He has an inflammation in the mouth. It is very painful and he can't eat.
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
        Thank you very much. I Have found yesterday an european Website of natural products and they have L Lysine.
        Today, it seems that Interferon and coconut oil are doing marvels on Slayer: he is always asking for food since this morning .
        Please, can you tell me the composition of L Lysine?I spoke about it to my vet and he was interested when I told him that L Lysine seems to give good results for fighting feline herpes.

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
          Marie: I buy the lysine in capsule form, and in that way I just open up the
          caps and pour the powder onto Snowflake's food and mix it in. It is slightly
          more expensive that way, but I don't have to drag out the mortar and pestle
          and crush each one. I opted for the convenience factor due to a busy schedule.
          Charlotte

        • Deborah Hudson
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
            L=Lysine stops the virus from replicating must be free form pure with no
            additives. Use up to 1000 grams a day that is about two pills they usually
            come in 500 grams capsules you can open up and take OUT the powder. You can
            also buy it in bulk. Feline Omega interferon boosts their immunity. I
            understand from others on this list that coconut oil does what L-Lysine
            does. But it has to be a certain kind of coconut oil. Deb

            Marie - I think your English is very good. I don't know where to buy
            L-Lysine in France, but here you can buy it any drug store. It's a
            human over the counter supplement. What I get is a 500 mg. pill that I
            cut in half and give twice a day. it's about $5.00, for 250 pills.
            .
            Here's a site, I've never used.
            .

            http://www.puritan.com/pages/psearch.asp?xs=1113249D969845A88F688EB99E487F26
            .
            Ogie's Jean

            http://eattheapple.com/kitty/ our kitty cats
            http://www.thensome.com/pethealth.htm
            http://www.thensome.com/herpes.htm
            http://www.thensome.com/herpes.htm
            http://www.thensome.com/felinehealthlinks.htm

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            click here
            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296ldsu1/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705042435:HM/EXP=1091447642/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
            anion.yahoo.com>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • jecsby@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
              Marie - L-Lysine was one thing that Ogie's vet did know about. It is
              also taken by people with herpes. ... Ogie's Jean

            • shelley
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
                L-lysine is an amino acid, I wasn't able to use it for Double as it upset his stomach. Double also had sores in his mouth and the only things I used for him were coconut oil and colostrum. I am not sure which got rid of the sores.

                shelley

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
                  Deb, I am not sure but shouldn't the dosages be in Mg. not grams?

                  shelley

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
                    Deb - It seemed in Ogie's case, that the coconut oil did more for the
                    sneezing than the Interferon does. The Interferon seemed to suppress
                    the other symptoms. ..... Ogie's Jean

                  • Deborah Hudson
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
                      Too funny yes your correct I have been weighing kittens by grams. He he.
                      Deb

                      DeborahDeb, I am not sure but shouldn't the dosages be in Mg. not grams?

                      shelley

                      <

                      Service < http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                      http://eattheapple.com/kitty/ our kitty cats
                      http://www.thensome.com/pethealth.htm
                      http://www.thensome.com/herpes.htm
                      http://www.thensome.com/herpes.htm
                      http://www.thensome.com/felinehealthlinks.htm

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      http://eattheapple.com/kitty/ our kitty cats
                      http://www.thensome.com/pethealth.htm
                      http://www.thensome.com/herpes.htm
                      http://www.thensome.com/herpes.htm
                      http://www.thensome.com/felinehealthlinks.htm

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                      click here
                      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129p86d55/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
                      oups/S=1705042435:HM/EXP=1091465065/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
                      anion.yahoo.com>

                      _____

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Deborah Hudson
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
                        Yes Bovine colostrums from health food stores help boost immunity too. Feed
                        highest quality foods even meats like chicken we buy for ourselves etc. Deb

[...]

                        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129vtucla/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
                        oups/S=1705042435:HM/EXP=1091465027/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
                        anion.yahoo.com>

                        _____