Re: [felineherpes]feline herpes Corneal Ulcer

  • James H. Coady
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2004
      Jeff,

      If you haven't taken him to a veterinary opthamalogist - that is what
      you should do. He will be better able to diagnose and treat your cat's
      eye problems. Ask your vet for a referral. What area of the country do
      you live in?

      Jean and Maggie
    • catluvr34@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2004
        Oh Jeff i know how you are feeling. Making a long story short, lysine is
        very important.
        Stress plays a very important part in herpes. Its so vital to keep the cat
        mellow and no stress. You can get feli-vits from your vet too
        hope this helps

        Caroline

      • notapub
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2004
          Hi Jean. I live in central Pennsylvania.
        • Monica Tidwell
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2004
            You might also want to try idoxuridine combined with
            gentamicin,

          • jecsby@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 15, 2007
              Make sure you don't use anything with steroids in it. Neo-Poly-Bac
              ointment without steroids cured Ogie's eye ulcers.
              .......................Jean
              .
              .
              .
              sorry, one other thing: which anti-viral eye drops seem to be more
              effective, Interferon or Idoxuridine? I am asking this cos my cat
              recently changed vet to check out his eye ulceration problem that did
              not stop recurring and the 2 vets prescribed 2 different drugs. He has
              been on Interferon for a couple of days now and as a layman, I think his
              eye looks a little bit worse than before when he was on Idoxuridine. I
              am just confused if I should wait it out and see if his condition
              improves in a few more days' time.
              Thank you.
              Best regards