cloudy eye

  • ansa82
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2003
      Hi all...we have been doing so good here for so long that I havent
      needed to post. But, of course a flare was bound to happen
      eventually. Boomer has had a runny eye, kind of swollen looking for
      the past 2 days. I have had him continually on lysine 500 mg a day,
      and interfuron a week on, a week off (odd he is flaring as he has
      been on it all this past week) and wellness diet now. But something
      different this time...his affected eye looks kind of cloudy. I saw
      him in dim light today and its almost like the affected eye is
      glowing...very odd..Ive never noticed this before when he gets flared
      up. I started the terramyacin eye ointment yesterday as that is all
      I have right now..he has been doing so good preventative wise that I
      have nothing else on hand. I hesitate to call the vet unless I
      really need too...I know a trip out will stress him out and make
      whatever is going on worse. Does anyone have any idea what the
      cloudy eye is about...its not real bad cloudy like cataract..just a
      little. It was just so odd the way it looked in the dim light. So
      far so good with Romeo..no flares in months (I am probably cursing
      myself by saying that) but he seems to be doing great. Thanks for
      any and all advice!!! Annette

      ps..Boomer seems to be feeling fine, playing, eating etc...
    • christy
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2007
        Hi, I wrote in the past about my sisters stray kittens and the eye
        infection they had. They are all better now. But, one of them has a
        cloudy eye.
        Will this ever clear? What has been you experience? and what is the
        best treatment for clearing it up?
        Thanks,
        christy
      • CA94NHL@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2007
          My Scottie has a cloudy right eye, and both eyes are always a bit drippy, but
          not infected. He does see out of it, and it gives him no pain, so his doctor
          sees no reason to remove it. When he was a kitten, he received antibiotic
          ointment, but he hasn't had a major flare-up in years with his daily lysine.

          His littermates (that I do not have anymore) each have one cloudy cornea, but
          they've done fine. Poor babies all got sick at about 5 weeks of age, it was
          pretty challenging having 4 sick kittens at once.

          Something interesting my vet said: the secretions out of the eye may look as
          if they have blood (they wipe off brown or dark red on the tissue), but that's
          normal and nothing to worry about. Scottie does fine, so I don't worry :)

          Cathy & Scottie

        • Jamie McNichol
          Message 4 of 4 , May 11, 2007
            My little girl's cloudy eye has never cleared. She can still see out of it
            (maybe not as clear though). No other active infections have surfaced, but
            the cloudiness is permanent scarring. Jamie

            Hi, I wrote in the past about my sisters stray kittens and the eye
            infection they had. They are all better now. But, one of them has a
            cloudy eye.
            Will this ever clear? What has been you experience? and what is the
            best treatment for clearing it up?
            Thanks,
            christy

            http://eattheapple.com/kitty/ our kitty cats