      Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 5:54 PM
      Subject: [felineherpes]feline herpes Lysine, Zyrtec, and Zithromax questions

      Hi All,

      I have four questions:

      Questions One and Two: I had been giving my cat 1/4 tsp of lysine powder in his morning food and one half of a crushed Zyrtec pill in his evening food - no lysine in the evening food. The lysine is in powder form in a plastic 1 pound jar. Can you give lysine to a cat at the same time as you give Zyrtec?  My cat, Buster, had a flare up recently so I got a round of Zithromax for him today. Is it necessary to discontinue the Zyrtec until the Zithromax is done with? I wasn't sure if it was necessary to give Zyrtec when you're giving Zithromax.

      Three: Would it be recommended to give the Zithromax exactly as prescribed (0.8ml once a day for three days, then every other day for five doses), or daily until it runs out?  I just got over a sinus infection where my nose was stuffed up. I felt so bad for him! I know how much it stinks to have a stuffed nose.

      Four: Is human prescribed Z-pac the same thing as Zithromax for cats?  My doctor gave me a prescription for it, but she said not to get it filled unless I thought I needed it. I didn't need it, but I still have the prescription.  I don't know if this particular topic has been discussed or not.

      Many thanks!

      Jenn and Buster