Re: [FH] atenolol

  • vandalin1
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2003
      Thank you. I am printing your reply so that I will have that info when I need to purchase more Atenolol. Do you quarter them? Is the Walgreen pharmacist telling you that this is a special price for a short time, or that this is the Walgreen price?

      Anne V
      Warner Robins, GA
      From: shemae519

      Hi, I have the bottle right here and it says the manufacturer is
      Mylan and the mg is 25. I can split them between my fingers very
      easy and have never lost one. I only pay 8.99 for 30 pills,
      however, the pharmacist tells me that they go for about 25.00
      regularly.

    • Sheila Monti
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 17, 2003
        My Felix takes 1/2 a pill a day. I've been paying this price for almost 5 years now, so I guess it is a permenant price. He used to split them for me for free, but I found that it was just as easy for me to split them myself.
        vandalin1 <vandalin1@...> wrote:Thank you. I am printing your reply so that I will have that info when I need to purchase more Atenolol. Do you quarter them? Is the Walgreen pharmacist telling you that this is a special price for a short time, or that this is the Walgreen price?

        Anne V
        Warner Robins, GA
        From: shemae519

        Hi, I have the bottle right here and it says the manufacturer is
        Mylan and the mg is 25. I can split them between my fingers very
        easy and have never lost one. I only pay 8.99 for 30 pills,
        however, the pharmacist tells me that they go for about 25.00
        regularly.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 21 3:53 PM
          Q, my 5 1/2 year old Maine Coon almost died on Atenolol. The cardiologist kept saying the grave seizures he was having were not related to the meds but to idiopathic epilepsy. Finally, after 4 trips to the ER and 4K later, the ER vets kept saying this is not epilepsy but heart blocks and they wouldn't give him his daily dose of Atenolo as they explained that it slows down the heart. I think the fact that I added heart supplements to his diet regulated his heart and made his meds dose too high. The final word from the cardio doc was "Get him on a pacemaker or he'll die". My husband didn't like the rush salestalk and took him home. I have replaced atenolol by these supplements and so far no episode for 4 weeks! he's alert, full of live and putting on weight again.. like a kitten again..
          so this is my experience with Atenolol.

          cloe
        • Janice
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 8, 2004
            I get ours at Wal-Mart.
            http://www.drugs.com/atenolol.html
            It's a human beta-blocker that is also used on cats.
            ~J

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
              > Can you get this in liquid form or flavor compound? I have such a smart
              cat it
              > is getting hard to get her meds in her.

              Hi,

              I get mine compounded into a liquid. There's no way that I could ever get a
              pill in Pepper and this is so easy!

              FYI - The price can often be negotiated. Ask before you have it filled. I
              recently switched pharmacies and am now getting it for about half of what
              the old place was charging.

              Sue
            • lclarizia@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
                In a message dated 7/1/2005 11:50:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                rockii@... writes:

                > I get mine compounded into a liquid. There's no way that I could ever get a
                > pill in Pepper and this is so easy!

                My mother's cat, Pyewacket is on atenolol for his heart and tapazole for his
                thyroid, which are compounded into a liquid. I just put it in his food (he's
                visiting me right now) and he laps it right up. Would that my own cat were
                that easy to medicate.

                > FYI - The price can often be negotiated. Ask before you have it filled. I
                > recently switched pharmacies and am now getting it for about half of what
                > the old place was charging.

                Definitely shop around. I get all my prescriptions at a small, local
                pharmacy, Conley's. They compound, and Pyewacket's one-month supply of
                atenolol/tapazole compound was exactly $30.

                Lisa

                "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

                - Anatole France

              • mfortner@att.net
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
                  From: "bo1024" <rhbutlerjr@...>
                  > Can you get this in liquid form or flavor compound? I have such a smart cat it
                  > is getting hard to get her meds in her.

                  Does she like treats? Spice takes Atenolol (1/2 of a 25 mg. tablet) every morning wrapped in a half of a pill pocket. His Lasix goes in the other half.

                  Here's a site that describes them and also has a store locator and links to places to buy them online. <http://www.pillpockets.com/index_fs.htm>

                  --
                  Marge, Sugar, Spice (HCM), Creamsicle, and Callie
                  Bridge Kitties Felix and Oscar