Tommy seems sad

  • Kristen
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
      Hello,

      The past few nights Tommy has seemed sad. He's not really acting
      lethargic but there is such a change in his attitude. Do you think
      it is because he is not feeling well? I guess I thought the Lasix
      would help him feel better.

      Tommy is the type of cat who would start purring the second you
      started to pet him. He is also a very big talker. He is still
      talking (although not AS much as he used to) but I have only heard
      him purr once in the past two days. This is so very unlike him.
      Although, he is eating and drinking so those are good signs. He was
      purring and talking and walking all over me like normal two nights
      ago (about 5 days after his original incident) but he hasn't done
      that for the past two nights and he used to do it every night. That
      makes me wonder if he is getting worse instead of better.

      He has an appointment to see a Cardiologist on Monday the 10th, but I
      wonder if I should call back again and try to make it for this week.
      She said if there was an emergency to call back and they could try to
      get him in on Friday. Do you think that I should call and try to get
      him in on Friday.

      It breaks my heart to see him so sad because he has always been such
      a happy, loving cat. I don't know what else to do to help him. Is
      it normal for him to be acting this way?
    • diane
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2003
        Kristen,

        It's hard to say but obviously if he's not feeling well it will
        reflect in his attitude. If you don't think he (or you) can make it
        till the 10th, you should call the cardiologist. If nothing else it
        is peace of mind.

        Diane