Munger's progress

  • Karla <karla@youthspecialties.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
      Hi everyone:

      I was able to get back a day earlier -- returned home last night.
      Munger had sub-q fluids on Friday and again yesterday. He stopped
      eating and drinking again last Thursday, so mother had been assist
      feeding him. But when he came home from the vet yesterday, he
      started eating again (2-3 times last night and three times by noon
      today!). Small amounts, but enough that I'm not assist feeding
      right now. Yay. He seems to be feeling better (although still
      wheezy), and his breathing is much better. He's still on the Lasix,
      and the vet started him on thyroid suppressants Friday (maybe that's
      helping him feel better after 4 days on it?). Only 2 more days 'til
      he sees the cardio vet (Thursday). What a long wait this has been!

      We had wonderful snuggle/purr time throughout the night last night,
      and he went outside and rolled around (purring) in the sunshine this
      morning. And when he came in, he purred while he ate (hasn't done
      that in 2 weeks!). I'm a bit more hopeful ... but even if the
      prognosis isn't great on Thursday, I'm so grateful for the past 24
      hours of him feeling good and snuggle-love.

      Thanks for your prayers and support. I'll keep you posted.

      Karla
    • Steph
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
        Karla, that is good to hear Munger is doing better. I'm sure he
        missed you and is glad you are back! I hope your appt on Thurs goes
        well. We'll be thinking of you both.
        Take care,
        Steph, Gus & Louise
        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Karla <karla@y...>"