Re: Freddie Mon' s Tests tomorrow

  • Kristen <tina111677@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
      Hi Barbara,

      I wish so much that I had some good advice for you but I am pretty
      much ignorant about this. What does your vet think?

      I don't really know if the situations are even remotely similar or if
      this will help in any way, but a few nights ago when my cat Tommy had
      to go to the emergency room they were also nervous about giving him a
      sedative to take fluid out of his chest because he was having so much
      trouble breathing. (he had been on oxygen that morning).

      The Doctor said he would use a very light sedative that would not
      even put Tommy out, it would just calm him down a little. I trusted
      him and Tommy came out of it just fine. I guess my only advise is to
      put your complete trust in what your vet thinks is the best thing to
      do and say a prayer for your kitty.

      Hopefully someone who has a little more knowledge about his will have
      real advise for you. I know how it feels to be in a situation like
      this. You must feel completely helpless. I'm sorry I couldn't give
      you better advise but I will say a prayer for your little guy!

      Kristen and Tommy

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "barbara" <barbara@b...> wrote:
      > Freddie Mon has an appointment tomorrow at the vet's to check his
      heart and for a blood test to check his kidneys and for
      hyperthyroid. The doctor said that he was surprised that Freddie was
      still alive and he and I are both concerned that the blood tests may
      stress him badly, but we need to know if he is hypet T. The doctor
      wants to use acepromazine on him to calm him down, but I am concerned
      about sedatives on his heart. Please someone advise me.