Freddie Mon' s Tests tomorrow

  • barbara
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
      Freddie Mon has an appointment tomorrow at the vet's to check his heart and for a blood test to check his kidneys and for hyperthyroid. The doctor said that he was surprised that Freddie was still alive and he and I are both concerned that the blood tests may stress him badly, but we need to know if he is hypet T. The doctor wants to use acepromazine on him to calm him down, but I am concerned about sedatives on his heart. Please someone advise me.

    • Kristen <tina111677@aol.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
        Hi Barbara,

        I wish so much that I had some good advice for you but I am pretty
        much ignorant about this. What does your vet think?

        I don't really know if the situations are even remotely similar or if
        this will help in any way, but a few nights ago when my cat Tommy had
        to go to the emergency room they were also nervous about giving him a
        sedative to take fluid out of his chest because he was having so much
        trouble breathing. (he had been on oxygen that morning).

        The Doctor said he would use a very light sedative that would not
        even put Tommy out, it would just calm him down a little. I trusted
        him and Tommy came out of it just fine. I guess my only advise is to
        put your complete trust in what your vet thinks is the best thing to
        do and say a prayer for your kitty.

        Hopefully someone who has a little more knowledge about his will have
        real advise for you. I know how it feels to be in a situation like
        this. You must feel completely helpless. I'm sorry I couldn't give
        you better advise but I will say a prayer for your little guy!

        Kristen and Tommy