Sinbad's latest

  • trishchic2002 <trishchic2002@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2003
      Hello all.

      Need some advice. Sinbad had his blood rechecked again last Monday.
      Everything came back fine, except for his white blood cell count -
      it's back down again. I just got off the phone with my vet and she
      is at her wits end because she can't figure out what is going on with
      him. I had a cat put to sleep over a year ago with FeLV - so it is
      possible that Sinbad has FeLV, even though he has tested negative for
      it twice since then. She wants me to put him back on antibiotics for
      3 weeks this time (he just got off Baytril 3 weeks ago) and test him
      again in the middle of the 3 weeks to see what the white blood cell
      count is. Then, if it is down, she wants to do a bone marrow test,
      which would require him to be put under which as we all know is not
      good for a heart kitty. I'm upset right now - not good at work, but
      I can't help it. He is doing very well - romping, sleeping, playing,
      eating. I can't see putting him through test after test because of
      this. Yes, it is serious, but there's nothing that can be done for
      FeLV - I know this - been there, done that. What would you guys do?
      We put our cats through enough as it is. I have been lucky with
      Sinbad so far - no clots, no fluid, no vomiting - he's been great.

      Upset and confused cat-mom,

      Trish and Bad