RE: [feline-heart] Dot's Situation and Thanks

  • Mike & Linda Irrgang (Now in Jamaica!)
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2000
      HI JANET, HOW OLD IS DOT? HE SEEMS TO BE GOING THRU AN AWFUL LOT....MY HEART
      GOES OUT TO BOTH OF YOU. I KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN BE? I HOPE THAT YOU WILL BE
      ABLE TO FIND THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR PRAYERS THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR...A
      WORD OF CAUTION, REMEMBER THAT CORNELL HAS ALOT OF GREAT RESOURCES BUT IS
      ALSO A LEARNING HOSPITAL AND I KNOW THAT CAN BE A GREAT ASSET BUT ALSO
      SOMETIMES THEY GO SOME OF THE EXTRA MILES THAT MIGHT BETTER HAVE BEEN
      BETTER LEFT UNEXPLORED FOR EVERYONE'S PEACE FROM PAIN AND SUFFERING.

      YOU AND DOT ARE IN OUR PRAYERS.

      PUMPKIN, MAX AND LINDA

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2000
        Hi Pumpkin, Linda and Max,
        I have tried to respond to the e-mail that you sent to me but there
        seems to be a problem doing so tonight. I will try again tomorrow.
        Thanks for the words of caution regarding Cornell. But, luckily, they
        dealt with Dot pretty conservatively often ruling out one or another
        procedure because of risk factors. When he left there, he was in great
        shape. I know from other experiences what can happen in a teaching
        hospital environment, both good and not so good.
        I will try to respond to your other e-mail as soon as whatever is
        going on at this end gets resolved.
        Janet and Dot

        --- In feline-heart@egroups.com, "Mike & Linda Irrgang (Now in

      • Voula Augerinos
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 14, 2000
          Hi Janet,
          I have seen and heard of good results with homeopathy and chinese
          herbs for feline cystitis. But you need a prescription from a trained
          holistic vet. Chinese herbs in particular should not be given without
          correct Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis and prescription. There is
          not a "one size fits all" prescription in chinese medicine or homeopathy.
          I thought I would write with another possible suggestion. I hope all
          goes well.

          http://www.geocities.com/vaugerinos/
          (Sachie's tribute page, and photos of Sachie and Pebbles.)