Atenenol

  • Dana Rulf (merlynsmama) <drulf@coresys.c
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
      Hi,
      I mentioned Merlyn has been put on a low dose (due to CRF) of
      Atenenol. Is anyone aware of any side effects, common or uncommon, of
      this drug? Our vet said we shouldn't notice anything, this being a
      very safe drug. BUT, with the vast array of experience out there, I
      just want to be sure I'll notice any odd behavior or symptoms...any
      advice is welcome!
      Thanks so much,
      Dana
      merlynsmama
    • Mike & Linda Irrgang
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2003
        When Pum started on atenolol he was quite lethargic for months....we spoke
        to the vet aabout it at length and after much consideration decided it was
        the lesser of the evils however now he's gotten quite perky again...go
        figure.

        Linda and Pum

      • lipmancats <barbaralipman@ezsweeps.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2003
          Hi,
          One thing I remember reading about Atenolol is that it can affect
          potassium levels. It can cause levels to go up, so it can help
          balance one of the bad effects of Lasix.
          Some cats develop kidney problems with Atenolol, so BUN and crea are
          checked after about a week on it.
          Widget did very well on Atenolol, kidney numbers were o.k. and no
          side effects that I could see.
          Take care,
          Barbara and the furry crew
          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Dana Rulf (merlynsmama)