Hi, I'm new here and need some advice

  • pandaalso <mmex@webtv.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      My cat Sara 8yrs old, and 5 lbs 12 0z was diagnosed in Nov. with CRF and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. At first she was put on 7.5mg of Diltiazem 2 x a day. 200ml of fluids SubQ, RenaCare gel. She had a heart gallop, murmur and CRF. Her Creat and Bun were dropping, her gallop went away, (still had a slight murmur). The best # on creat and Bun,2 weeks ago) were...Creat 4.75 (.08-2.40) and Bun 72 (16-36) PCV is 22%. About 1 month ago, they dropped Diltiazem to 1x a day. The other treatments stayed the same. Yesterday when she had bloodwork done.....Gallop was back...murmur still there, Creat was: 6.57, BUN was 95.8......What HAPPENED? The only good thing was that her PCV is still 22%. I am so upset, things were going OK than THIS? Has anyone had this happen to them? She eats only K/D minced, and usually acts like she feels Ok. Today she acts a little more quiet. Butnow and then she does this. She acts as if she may have an upset stomach....I will give her Pepsid for that. Any help or encouraging words will be appreciated. I belong to the CRF group but thought maybe someone here could help..Thanks in advance. Mary & Sara