Re: [FH] newly diagnosed cat

  • reallyrosiebooks@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2003
      In a message dated 1/29/2003 7:21:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      waldeck@... writes:

      > I guess my question first off is what are the odds that a cat
      > with this problem will have any time left at all? And, if he settles in
      > at home, well, I guess we need to see what meds they send home before I
      > can ask what else might be done. I know it is a terrible, terminal
      > disease...

      Linda-
      I learned early on with the diagnosis of my cat, Tyson, that there are many
      many miracles out there. Tyson was given days to live when he was initially
      diagnosed and I am thankful to say its been nearly 9 months (knock wood). It
      was a tough battle the first few months...than we were in a calm period and a
      wonderful period where he was symptom free. Now he is breathing slightly
      heavier at times and seems a little less active than a few weeks ago. I am
      not sure if I am overworrying but to ease my mind I will bring him in for a
      checkup which he wasn't due till March. So in my rambeling my point
      is...one never knows. Tyson proved my vet wrong and they are still shaking
      their heads in wonderment (especially the vet I titled Dr Doom & Gloom). So
      I think we can only take it one day at a time. Enjoy the heck out of our
      furry loved one and hope for the miracles that are so often out there which
      will bring us more time and for the strength to deal with the eventual
      inevitable. Also, what helped me the most is this list and taking in all I
      could and bringing all the emails to the vets to show them the benefits of
      different treatmenst (such as the miracle drug coq10...which my vets never
      used and I feel have been wonderful). Keep us posted. Sending postive
      thoughts to you.

      /\_/\
      (>'o'<)
      Heather "Rose"
      "Tomorrow is a fresh day, with no mistakes in it."
      - Anne of Green Gables
      Forever Kindred Spirits