Voyager

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2003
      I spoke with the vet again today.I picked up some fluids for sub
      Q use at a very low level, some Hills A/D and some Eukanuba Maximum
      calorie. In addition he gave me some cyproheptadine for appetite
      stimulation.
      Your suggestions about nausea make perfect sense to me. What is
      somewhat interesting is that I mentioned this to the vet when I first
      took him in and again on the phone today. He didn't know why, nor did any
      of the doctors in the clinic. Their reaction was along the lines of
      "That's curious". Well, next phone call I will mention this to him. I
      have also joined the feline assisted feeding list.
      The good part is that his heart and respiration are still within
      tolerable limits...but he must eat and drink.
      Well, off to try more food - and thanks for the great suggesions.
      Linda
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2003
        Linda,

        I learned about the lip smacking mouth movements being
        a sign of nausea with a cat who had Hepatic Lipidosis.
        Before he got really bad he would take a tiny piece of
        chicken in his mouth and act like he might be chewing
        it for a minute and then spit it out. When I asked the
        vet what all the lip smacking was about that is what
        he told me. For the next 5 weeks he never voluntarily
        ate a bite of food and I saw a lot of lip smacking and
        drooling.

        Susan

        --- Linda <waldeck@...> wrote:
        > I spoke with the vet again today.I picked up some
        > fluids for sub
        > Q use at a very low level, some Hills A/D and some
        > Eukanuba Maximum
        > calorie. In addition he gave me some cyproheptadine
        > for appetite
        > stimulation.
        > Your suggestions about nausea make perfect sense to
        > me. What is
        > somewhat interesting is that I mentioned this to the
        > vet when I first
        > took him in and again on the phone today. He didn't
        > know why, nor did any
        > of the doctors in the clinic. Their reaction was
        > along the lines of
        > "That's curious". Well, next phone call I will
        > mention this to him. I
        > have also joined the feline assisted feeding list.
        > The good part is that his heart and respiration are
        > still within
        > tolerable limits...but he must eat and drink.
        > Well, off to try more food - and thanks for the
        > great suggesions.
        > Linda

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • cindy mitchell
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2003
          Oh, Linda, I am so sorry for your loss of your Vogager (what a great name). You were a wonderful mom to him, and he will always be with you. Having just lost my Lil Lady on Friday, I know exactly how you feel. There is an emptiness here that I feel will never go away. Try to focus on the good times. I am so glad that you were with him at the end, and that his passing was so peaceful and quiet.

          My Lil Lady will be waiting to greet him.

          Cindy and angel kitty Lil Lady
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2003
            Linda, so sorry to hear about Voyager. Our hearts go out to you. I
            am sure you will see him again someday.
            -Steph, Gus & Louise
          • lipmancats <barbaralipman@ezsweeps.com>
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2003
              Linda,
              I am so sorry about your precious Voyager. What a fortunate cat to
              spend his life with such a loving owner and to leave this world in
              your arms.
              Take care,
              Barbara and the furry crew
            • Dana Rulf (merlynsmama) <drulf@coresys.c
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2003
                Linda,
                I'm so sorry ... I'm glad you were with him when he crossed.
                Our hearts and prayers are with you --
                Dana
                Merlyn & Tully

                --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Linda <waldeck@p...> wrote:
                > Hi all,
                > I would like to thank you for your help. Unfortunately, Voyager
                > left me last night. He was in my arms, resting quietly when it seemed
                > that his heart just stopped and he was gone. I did enjoy every
                moment of
                > his almost 8 years on this earth and hope to meet him again, along with
                > all my other critters. He was a very precious, sweet furkid. I miss him
                > very much.
                > Linda
              • Linda
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2003
                  Hi all,
                  I would like to thank you for your help. Unfortunately, Voyager
                  left me last night. He was in my arms, resting quietly when it seemed
                  that his heart just stopped and he was gone. I did enjoy every moment of
                  his almost 8 years on this earth and hope to meet him again, along with
                  all my other critters. He was a very precious, sweet furkid. I miss him
                  very much.
                  Linda
                • Jonathan Rosenberg
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 2, 2003
                    Linda,

                    I'm sorry to hear about Voyager. But how blessed he was to go so gently & in
                    the arms of the person who loved him so well.

                    --
                    Jonathan Rosenberg
                    Tabby (RB), Lynx (RB), Licorice, Tigger,

                  • Helen <helen.miles@virgin.net>
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 3, 2003
                      I am so very sorry to hear about Voyager, Linda. Please know that you
                      and he are in our prayers and we have lit a candle for him.

                      {{{HUGS}}}

                      Helen M