Re: [FH] HELP

  • Myra DeTate <mdetate@sbcglobal.net>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2003
      Lil Lady most certainly has the best kitty mom with you. I agree
      that you should indulge Lady in her pleasures. Her kitty atrium
      sounds wonderful and is more than likely warm enough on her heated
      bed. Bob is also on dilitizem (Cardizem) and lasix. The lasix
      should help prevent the fluid accumulation. However, without the
      subqs you will probably have to continue to assist feed her as she
      may not feel good enough to eat. Although Bob does not have crf, he
      was dehydrated when he went into chf. (He had 106 fever). His vet
      gave him fluids via IV to rehydrate in addition to lasix to disperse
      the fluid in his lungs and he was also in oxygen. Bob's vet said it
      seems to be counterproductive to give both fluids and lasix, but the
      fluid accumulation in his lungs was due to heart valve leakage and
      not from fluids to rehydrate. You may want to check out 2 links in
      the links section of the group - www.lbah.com which explains where
      the fluid is coming from and www.felinecrf.org which discusses both
      crf and hcm. Also regarding nutrical - Bob's vet said it would not
      interfere with any of the heart meds and I used it extensively when
      I had to assist feed Bob and for several months after he began to
      eat on his own for added calories. Bob had lost 3 lbs from 10 lbs
      to 7 lbs during his week at emergency vets and in ICU at the
      specialty clinic. Several of the kitties on this group have had
      multiple chest tappings. You may also want to check out the Feline-
      Assisted-Feeding group as well. There are several on that group who
      are juggling crf and hcm, I got a lot of good ideas and advice from
      that group. We are sending healing thoughts of love, peace and
      wisdom to you and Lil Lady.

      Lots of Kitty Kisses,
      Myra and Bob
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "cindy mitchell"
      <cmitchell@c...> wrote:
      > I took Lady to Memphis this evening tohave chest tapped. Vet got
      out 120 ccs on right side and it looked like at least 80 on the
      other. I brought Lady home and giving her dilatiziem (sp?) and
      lasix tonight and taking her back at 8:30 in the morning.

      > I am afraid we are getting close the end. Please send any advice
      right away. Lady is 18.5 years old, crf since Oct. 2000, on pepcid
      a/c, norvasc (discontinued as of today), and subqs (discontinued for
      now, obviously).

      > Please be thinking of us.
      >
      > Cindy and Lil Lady

      Service.