Re: [FH] Re: Lady Is it time?

  • cindy mitchell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2003
      Thanks, Myra,

      Several people have written about keeping Lady inside. I live in Mississippi, so it is not as cold as elsewhere, and yesterday was a nice sunny day. Probably would be considered warm by most. One of Lady's pleasures is sunshine and if this is her last week, i want her to enjoy it. It is supposed to be 60 by Friday. She has a Pet Enclosure Kit (greatest thing ever invented--huge redwood screened cage) but we call it the kitty atrium, and she is safe in it on her heated kitty bed. When she came out of it following the sun, I stayed with her. I thnk she enjoys it and it makes her feel better.

      Lady had hep lip back in 1994, so I know all about that and have told my sister, too. Until you have had a cat not eat but otherwise is healthy, I don't think you can give much real advice (and I told her that). (We are twins so are very close, but I am much more experienced with sick kitties and I don't hseitate to tell her she does not know what she is talking about--a bit more tactfully than that.) She would have pts back in 1994.

      I am using nutrical now but was a bit worried about the vitamins in it. Is it okay for hcm and crf, too?

      Thanks to everyone who has written. Lady made it through the night fine, with an episode of vomiting at 4 am, at which time I gave 25 ccs of LRS. The internal med vet had said to skip last nights usual 75 ccs til today. But she needs some fluids. I had forgotten how the vomiting is without fluids.

      Well, time to assist feed again.

      Thanks again to everyone.

      Cindy and Lil Lady

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2003
        Cindy,

        You may want to ask your vet if he carries or can
        write a prescription for Hills AD so you can order it.
        It is a very easy to assist feed highly caloric food
        specifically for sick cats. I don't know anything
        about CRF so I don't know if it is something they can
        have.

        Susan

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • diane
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2003

          >I am using nutrical now but was a bit worried about the vitamins in
          >it. Is it okay for hcm and crf, too?

          It should be fine for CRF but I don't know about HCM

          Diane