Pebbles' heart beat

  • Voula Augerinos
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2000
      Hi everyone,
      Pebbles seems to be handling the propranolol okay. I was wondering if
      anyone would know anything about force of the heart beat on these types of
      drugs. For a long time I have been listening to Pebbles' heart beat and
      counting it. The vet asked me to do this to make sure her heart rate was in
      an acceptable range at home, because at the vets Pebbles' heart rate rises.
      Lately, since starting the propranolol I have noticed that sometimes it is
      difficult to hear her heart beat when I put my ear to her chest. It sounds
      fainter sometimes. Other times it is easier to hear. Is this good or bad?

      http://www.geocities.com/vaugerinos/
      (Sachie's tribute page, and photos of Sachie and Pebbles.)