Hello - newbie to the group

  • Helen <helen.miles@virgin.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2003
      Hi,

      My name is Helen and I have a 4 1/2 year old black male cat called
      Tiger who has just been diagnosed with Tricuspid Valve dysplasia
      (causing a 2/6 heart murmer)and Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. He is in
      good health, and he is being monitored, but as you can imagine, the
      news has been a bit of a shock!

      The diagnosis is a bit in doubt at the moment, so I am in the process
      of getting a second opinion (I'm currently a Brit in the USA and have
      just sent all Tigers USA medical reports to his UK vet and the feline
      cardiologist she uses) as Tiger has not been given medication for the
      HCM which has me a bit concerned.

      Tiger is flying home to the UK with my other 2 cats in July (they
      will be travelling on passports so won't have to do quarantine) so
      when he gets there he will be refered straight to Bristol University
      and the feline cardiologist there.

      This is probably a dumb question as this *is* a feline heart list,
      but what experiences do people have with TVD and HCM?

      Best wishes
      Helen M