[FH] Re: Discussion on Prevention of "early" heart disease

  • aphro64 <Firmenich@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 29, 2002
      Interesting comments from all--thanks!

      Regarding pet food, has anyone read the book "Food Pets Die For"?
      The exposure of rendering plants that supply the pet food industry
      (canada) had been using euthanized carcasses from Animal Shelters.
      The whole disgusting nature of Factory Farming is beyond the scope
      of this topic, it is a topic worth investigating.

      If you could postpone the onset of degenerative illnesses in your
      cat, like heart disease, diabetes and kidney diseases simply by
      feeding a PREMIUM quality diet (one that is based on high quality
      MEAT, not cereal or grains--remember felines require more meat than
      their canine counterparts), supplementing w/ vitamins, providing
      spring water, keeping your pet's teeth cleaned and seeing your
      veterinarian regularly, would you do it?

      I would LOVE to see a 10 year study tracking cats who receive the
      above simple things vs. cats who do not and see what the results
      would be. That at least would provide scientific data. But there
      simply is little to no funding available for veterinary research and
      so, sigh, our pets continue to suffer needlessly....

      <ljones432@e...>"

      <cessna7391@y...>

      <Firmenich@h...>"