re: to neuter or not

  • Lori Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2002
      Qwerty (unaltered male with heart murmur) is a little aggressive with one
      other cat in the house but mostly the issue is his spraying. Thanks for the
      advice, I placed an order with Valley Vet.com and bought 3 bottles of
      Feliway! I'm going to go to PetsMart today and buy one more bottle while I
      wait for the others to arrive. I also need a black-light to find all his
      spots. I've been using Simple Solution and it works great when I can locate
      the spots.
      Am going to make another appt. with a regular vet but for a EKG . They
      won't be $200 for just the office visit like the real feline cardiologist in
      Portland. Maybe they can help identify what is exactly wrong with my boy.
      I'll let you know
      ~Lori~
      Brooks, Oregon

      Lori,
      If spraying is the only issue you could try Feliway a feline facial
      phenerome spray that you spray on vertical surfaces twice a day for 1 month.
      It is specifically for spraying. Another member with an unneutered male due
      to a heart murmur just started using it a couple weeks ago. Maybe she will
      report on any improvement (or lack thereof) since she started using it.
      Susan
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2002
        That is a lot of Feliway! Seriously one bottle should
        be enough. You use it for a month, spraying vertical
        surfaces twice a day.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com