Re: Introducing Leo

  • cessna7391
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
      Hi Laurie. I am in a very similar situation but my cat is only 3
      and has only about 6 months to go, as I am told. Generally, I have
      a very hard time with the idea of putting her down to ease my
      suffering. She is content, and purrs when she can. It sounds to me
      like your cat, though not her normal self, is still enjoying some
      quality of life.
      Your vet is right, she will eventlually pass. But we all will and
      that is no reason for us to euthanize one another. I would say if
      she starts getting uncomfortable and in pain, maybe you should
      reconsider. But when the time has come for him to pass, he will let
      you know in his own way.