Re: [feline-heart] My little Boo Boo passed away yesterday:( (long)

  • brunobaby@accesshub.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2000
      Irina:

      Condolences on the loss of Boo Boo.

      It sounds as if her heart and kidneys had been weak right from the
      beginning of her life. Without the care you gave her, she probably wouldn't
      have much of a life at all. But for the years she was on earth she knew
      what it was like to be loved.

      It's sad that you couldn't be with her when she passed away, but she also
      spared you the decision to have to put her to sleep.

      I truly believe that there's some kind of spirit somewhere -- Mother
      Nature, maybe -- who sees the kind of love that caring owners give their
      pets and remembers it. I hope that spirit will send you another cat someday
      who you'll bond with for many, many years.

      --Melinda and Pongo
    • Jonathan Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 18, 2000

        Irina,

        I well remember all of your previous postings about Boo Boo. Months ago I visited your web site & saw pictures of your little girl & read her story.

        I am absolutely heartbroken to hear about this. I know how much you loved her & how hard you worked to take care of her. The email from you was so incredibly touching. I was in tears for the longest time. Boo Boo was obviously a very special cat to inspire such feelings.

        > I wanted to be rational, I wanted to do what would be
        > best for Boo Boo. It was so hard for me to decide! I
        > wished there was a way for me to find out what Boo Boo
        > wanted out of this. I wish my Boo Boo would tell me
        > when and if she was in pain. I wanted to be rational, but how
        > can I be, if I don't know what she needs and wants?
        > . . .

        Your love for her did allow you to know exactly what she wanted. I'm certain that everyone reading your note could see that you did just what was right for her ... no matter how much it hurt you.

        > I loved my Boo Boo, but maybe I didn't love her enough?
        > Maybe if I loved her more and spend more time with her? Maybe
        > . . .
        > Maybe I did something wrong? Maybe if I did more she would live?
        > . . .

        Irina, it's obvious how dearly yuou loved Boo Boo. From all of your messages, it's also obvious that you couldn't do any more for her. You loved her so much. I feel certian that Boo Boo would have rather spent those 5 years with you than to have lived longer with someone else. She loved you as much as you loved her.

        God bless you.

        --
        JR
        & Tabby (RB), Licorice, Tigger, Lynx
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 18, 2000
          Thank You for your support JR, I really appreciate it.
          I am still sad, still wondering why. I haven't been to school this whole
          week and I don't think I'll be coming the end of this week. I know I am in
          trouble with all my professors. In fact I have a midterm on thursday that I
          will probably not be around to take. I don't feel like doing anything or
          goin anywhere. I will so heart broken. I tried to morn my Boo Boo's death
          by not eating but since it was my brothers birthday yesterday John forced me
          to go out to eat. He's been very supportive. Patty I wish she was alife.
          All I keep thinking about is her, wondering where she is, and how she is, if
          I loved her enough. Everywhere I turn in my apt I remember the cute things
          she used to do and I feel more pain because I miss her so much. I found her
          oct 16, 95 and she left me oct 16, 00. It is just so unfair. I keep
          thinking about her, wondering if I did eough, if I treated her good , then I
          began thinking that I wasn't there for her enough. Last few days I saw her
          in the morning and at night when I gave her meds, because I was in school so
          much. I wish I could spent more time with her, I wish I could say a real
          goodbye to her. He body is in storage I don't whether to bury her or cremate
          her. Since I don't have a yard I can't bury her close to me, it have to be
          somewhere in weschester in a pet cemeter, will cost a lot and I will go
          deeper into debt but for her I would do anything. Only problem is I heard
          that sometimes when cemeteries run out of space they put two bodies on top of
          each other in one hole and I heard there were times people would take the
          bodies out to build something. there were cases like that before and I don't
          want Boo Boo's body to be disturbed. I want to do what she would want me to
          do. I am not sure what is best to do. I'd like to do it in a way that she
          would be more closer to me. I thought about cremating her too, to keep her
          ashes but I am not sure I want to burn her body. I need to decide by friday
          what I will do, don't want to keep her little body in the storage too long.
          what do you think I should do?
          -Irina(missing my Boo Boo):(
          URL to My Boo Boo's site !
          http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/hummingbird/210/index.htm
        • the chunns
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 18, 2000
            Dear Irina,

            It was so sad to hear of your little Boo Boo's passing, but you must know
            you
            gave her a good life and she probably lived longer because of all your
            love and care. You were a very good mom to her! I know how much
            you are hurting right now - it is the most painful thing in the world when
            we have to lose our beloved animal companions.

            I know it is a tough decision now to decide what to do with her body. I
            have always had my animals cremated - that way I can always keep them
            with me wherever I might go - and by that I mean if you move away from
            where you are living now, you can take her ashes and if she is buried
            somewhere you might not always live in the same area. I buried a dog
            in my yard almost twenty years ago and when we left that house and
            moved to another town I felt terrible about leaving her. So for me,
            cremation
            is better. And remember, Boo Boo's spirit is no longer in her little body -
            she won't care what you do with it. She is an angel now and her spirit will
            be
            with you always now matter what you decide about her body.

            Irina, I wish you all the best and I know your grief will get easier to bear
            in time.

            Pat