Re: [FH] Please pray for Anaka

  • diane
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      Beth,

      My neighbor had a cat who was run over two years ago. I heard it and
      scooped him up and rushed him to the vet. Both his shoulders were
      broken.

      The surgery was successful (I think he had a 2nd one to remove the
      pins) and he survived the crating. He was in enough pain that
      although he wasn't crying or biting, he used the litterbox on his
      hindlegs and learned to jump and land on them. (jumping down was
      harder, she feared he'd hurt himself so she crated him while she was
      away so that he didn't get into trouble). She got another cat, a
      homebody, and now they are both indoor only.

      I'm sure Anaka can pull through this!

      All my best,

      Diane

      >Beth,
      >
      >My heart goes out to you and Anaka. It must be awful, knowing that
      >she is in pain. Someone on the CRF list had a cat that had leg
      >surgery and she had to keep him crated for several weeks. I believe
      >that he made a good recovery, although keeping him confined was not
      >easy! My thoughts are with you. Please let us know how Anaka is
      >doing. When is the surgery. I hope the vet will work out a payment
      >plan for you.
      >
      >Anne V
      >Warner Robins, GA
      > From: Beth
      >

      > I took her to my vet this mornning, and she needs surgery. Because
      > of the break location, they have to put 3 pins in the bone and she
      > can't be casted, even after surgery. She's going to have to stay in
      > her crate for weeks! And she is in so MUCH pain.
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        I'm sending my prayers for your precious Anaka. She sounds like such a
        darling.
        Jan

        http://joekopecky.homestead.com
        http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html