Re: [FH] Sacred Journeys

  • targa66
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      Dear Carrie:

      Just a quick note to send my condolences. As others have said on
      this list - try not to question your decision to help Wolfy in his
      passing. I think it's one of the hardest - and kindest - things we
      can do for those who we love, when we know their "spark" is gone and
      that they are just waiting to pass. He's truly at peace now and not
      suffering any longer. He'll be with you in spirit always.

      I had similar experiences when my beloved Targa passed in August - I
      kept seeing shadows of him everywhere I looked. A dear friend
      suggested that was him visiting me and trying to help me in my
      grief. My remaining cat, Pacino, was more affected than I could ever
      imagine - he was so listless and depressed that I thought I would
      lose him, too. But he has since rallied back, and I try to tell him -
      with words and thought-pictures - that his "brother" Targa is still
      with us and loving us, just from a different place.

      I hope you can find peace soon. Hang in there.
      -Shelly

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "Cyber-Paws Designs" <webdesign@c...> wrote:
      > Dear Sally and Angel Muffin,
      >
      > Thank you SO much for this, I cannot even say how much this means
      to me.

      > I also want to thank everyone else who has posted, and emailed
      privately,
      > and sent poems and sympathy, it truly has helped. I plan to email
      everyone
      > privately when I am feeling a little more emotionally stable.
      >
      > This has been a sad past few weeks for so many of us here, and I am
      so
      > thankful to have you all here. I know I did not post often, but I
      did lurk
      > and read all the messages over the past few months since I joined
      this
      > group. Although it is a sad bond we share, its a strong bond, and
      its a
      > true bond of love. I believe our furbabies who have crossed
      recently are
      > together at the Bridge and are watching over us, and I'm sure they
      are glad
      > that we have each other here.
      >
      > Lynnie sent me a wonderful link, thank you so much! It helped me
      greatly in
      > learning to accept that we have to help our furbabies.
      >
      > A long time ago I wrote a poem called Twilight Hill. I had never
      put a pet
      > to sleep prior to Wolfy, yet for some reason years ago I was
      inspired to
      > write Twilight Hill. My intention at the time was for it to be
      read for
      > children who had lost a pet. If anyone would like to read it, it
      is posted
      > at my website here:
      >
      > http://www.cyber-paws.com/twilight.htm
      >
      > I put most of this site together when my little BooBoo crossed
      almost four
      > years ago, and I even started a small, yet beautiful virtual
      resting place.
      > I am thinking of starting that up again, I think a lot of people
      would
      > appreciate it.
      >
      > I am still very sad and feel lost. I keep thinking I see or hear
      > Wolfy...and maybe in a way I am. Maybe its his way of letting me
      know that
      > he is still with me.
      >
      > My other pets are acting a bit strange. My dog has been very sad
      and has
      > thrown up 3 times. My Persian, Wooby, who had a very special bond
      with
      > Wolfy, is now sleeping in all of Wolfy's special sleeping spots,
      which Wooby
      > has never done before. My other two cats also have been staring at
      Wolfy's
      > special pet carrier, which he slept in during his last day, and he
      did pass
      > over inside this carrier. I have taken the blankets out of it and
      cleaned
      > everything, and I have left it zippered shut for now...but they are
      staring
      > into it and meowing. I am sure they miss him as much as I do.
      >
      > I have Wolfy's collar, and I do have his fur, which I saved over
      the months
      > and also clipped a bit from him before he left, and it does help to
      have it,
      > and to smell it, and feel it. I saved the tiny towel that his head
      was
      > resting on all day on Thursday, he had drooled a tiny bit on it
      while he was
      > sleeping, and I placed it in a zip lock bag. Maybe this seems
      strange, but
      > not to me. His scent is on it, and I want to keep it.
      >
      > I know a woman who makes tiny teddy bears. Earlier this year she
      made me
      > tiny stuffed animals, one that resembles my dog and one that
      resembles
      > Wolfy. I have the little Wolfy one resting on his special food
      dish, with
      > his collar. I contacted her earlier today, and she is going to
      make me an
      > extra tiny version of Wolfy, and sew a bit of his fur inside, so
      that I can
      > have a little bit of him with me always. It will be tiny enough to
      keep in
      > my pocket, or next to my bed, or in my purse. I hope this does not
      sound
      > crazy. I collect tiny stuffed toys, so this one will be extra
      special to
      > me. She is also a cat lover.
      >
      > My heart goes out to everyone who has lost a pet and has had to
      endure this
      > sadness. I am not sure if anyone else here participates in the
      Monday
      > evening Candlelight Ceremony, but I plan to lite a special candle
      for Wolfy
      > every Monday at 10pm. I will also think of all the other babies on
      this
      > list as I light his candle.
      >
      > I am also grateful that I have an understanding family. My parents
      went to
      > church last nite for All Souls Day, and they requested a special
      prayer for
      > Wolfy. That meant a lot to me.
      >
      > I am putting together a huge photo collage of the photos I have of
      Wolfy,
      > which I will hang by my bed so I can look at his sweet little
      face. I am so
      > glad I took lots of pictures of him during his time with me.
      >
      > I also plan to keep Wolfy's web site up. I will update it when I
      feel a
      > little better. I think its important to keep his little story up
      for others
      > to read, so that other kitty owners faced with this same heart
      disease know
      > that there is hope. Wolfy lived much longer than the vets ever
      expected, as
      > a kitten they had told me he may live a year, and he lived to 3
      years and
      > one week. He is my little hero.
      >
      > Thank you all so much. You have made this hard time easier for me,
      and I
      > dont feel so alone knowing that you care and understand. All of
      your posts
      > and emails touched me deeply, and I I have had some good cries,
      which I know
      > is part of the healing.
      >
      > Love to you all,
      >
      > Carrie and Angel Wolfy

      Body
      > is beginning to take form and shape as the physical is needing to do
      > what it has to do to shut down and go to rest.
      >
      > The Spirit or Etheric body CANNOT feel physical pain and but it
      can
      > "see" and or remember a traumatic end, but that it is like watching
      > movie...it's like observing something that is happening to someone
      > else...there are shielding walls or fields of protection that move
      in
      > to help the Spirit in transition to get out of the body.
      >
      > There are helpers in the Spirit realm who come and help those who
      > need it, but not all Spirits in transition need help.
      >
      > Just after his Spirit left his body, there was a time of
      > "collecting himself"...it was as if he needed to review and process
      > what had just happened and all of his life that he had lived while
      he
      > was here. He also had to collect and gather himself and his
      > energies...I'm not really sure what this means, but he said it was
      an
      > important time for him to adjust to now being in Spirit. I have no
      > idea how he experienced the duration of this process, but to me, it
      > felt like it took him a week in my timeframe to finally "arrive" in
      > his new dimension.
      >
      > He said that he understands how hard it is for those of us who
      are
      > left behind...that our attachment to the forms is what holds us in
      > grief rather than in celebration for this great and powerful
      > transformation and that our grief and sadness and loss is a
      particular
      > aspect of being Human...(I get the feeling in hearing this that
      Spirit

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/