Re: [FH] Success at last

  • diane
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2002
      Lois - one word - CONGRATS!

      :)

      Diane
    • bcowell
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2002
        Lois,
        That's fabulous! How fortunate Gizmo adored malt! You must feel so
        happy to finally find a way to help your furbaby without him
        resenting you :)
        Brigitte

        --- In feline-heart@y..., "lois_051958" <ljones432@e...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > I finally got all Gizmo's supps and meds down and he loved every
        bit
        > of it.
        > Here's how:
        > Gizmo LOVES Petromalt, felovite, basically anything malt based.
        > Luckily all his supps are capsules with powder inside. After
        > exhasting all other possibilites, (like syringe feeding, mixing
        with
        > baby food, canned food, eggs, cat milk, tuna, pill gun) I got an
        idea
        > thanks to a few of you that suggested giving him his favorite treat
        > immediately after meds. I put the petromalt in a small bowl and
        > dumped the powder from one of the pills in it. It got real thick
        so
        > I took the eskimo oil pill that I also need to give him (oil in gel
        > cap) and pierced it with a needle and squirted it into the bowl.
        > This added enough liquid to mix everything up to almost the same
        > consistency as the petromalt. Although I did add a couple of drops
        > of warm water. Then I put a little on my finger and he licked it
        up
        > immediately and wanted more. I fed him that, then made another
        batch
        > with the next supp. He loved that too. I do have one more to go,
        > will give him that this evening. It was so effortless and he LOVED
        > it. I was so happy, I actually started crying. I have been so
        > stressed this week trying to get them in him. Since his atenolol
        is
        > so tiny ( he only gets a 1/4 pill 1x a day) I shaved it down with a
        > razor and put it in his raw ground turkey, it went undetected.
        > Thanks for all your advice and encouragement, without all of you, I
        > might have given up on the supps because I did not want to stress
        him
        > out and make him afraid of me.
        > Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
        > Greatfully,
        > Lois
      • Karen LeBlanc
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
          Great news Lois! I know how relieved you must be feeling now.
          -Karen
[...]
          with the next supp. He loved that too. I do have one more to go, I